SomnoDent Avant™ – Wesley Chapel, FL
Get Sweet Relief from Sleep Apnea Symptoms
One of the keys to maintaining excellent health and functioning at your absolute best, mentally and physically, is to get proper sleep at night. Therefore, if you’re lacking in this area, then you’ve probably noticed a decline in other aspects of your life. One of the common causes of this is sleep apnea, which is the momentary pause in breathing that can happen several times throughout the night and causes you to awaken repeatedly, leaving you lethargic and depleted the next day. The good news is Dr. Nelson has an effective solution: the SomnoDent oral appliance. Visit our dental sleep medicine office to get relief from sleep apnea, using SomnoDent Avant in Wesley Chapel, FL, so you can finally get the rest your body needs.
What is SomnoDent Avant™?
The most common form of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea (OSA), a condition that affects over 22 million Americans. For people who suffer from bouts of apnea, increased neck girth from weight gain and the tongue falling to the back of the mouth while sleeping, can be major contributors to poor airflow. As a result, it’s not uncommon for them to be loud snorers.
Thankfully, Dr. Nelson has an effective solution in the SomnoDent oral appliance. An alternative to the traditional method of treating sleep apnea with the more cumbersome CPAP machine, the SomnoDent oral appliance provides quiet, convenient and effective relief.
How Does SomnoDent Avant™ Work?
The SomnoDent oral appliance is a small and portable device that fits comfortably in your mouth while you sleep. It works by slightly shifting the jaw forward, increasing pressure on the soft tissue and stretching the oral muscles to keep your airway open at night. An added perk is that you’ll be able to speak and drink normally while wearing the appliance. Most importantly, though, for cases of mild-to-moderate OSA, you’ll finally get more quality rest from your nightly sleep cycle.
More Benefits of SomnoDent Avant™
When you receive sleep apnea treatment in Wesley Chapel with a SomnoDent oral appliance, here are some of the other advantages that we’ll provide you with:
- Custom-Fit – Dental impressions captured in the pre-fabrication stage to ensure a custom and comfortable fit
- Effective Care – 90% of patients reported improvement in sleep quality
- Clinically Tested – Over 15 independent studies demonstrating its effectiveness
- Quality Fabrication – Coated with high-quality acrylic to prevent discoloration or odors
- Adaptable Design – Is able to accommodate an existing restoration
- Durable Construction – Crafted from a combination of premium materials to ensure a durable and lasting appliance
- Natural Range of Motion – Allows you to fully open and close your mouth and to speak clearly while wearing
- Encourages Greater Compliance – Because of its streamlined design and comfortable feel, 88% of the patients report regular usage
With decades of experience treating sleep apnea, Dr. Nelson understands how vital proper rest and recovery are to your overall health. That’s why he only recommends the most effective and convenient forms of treatment. To overcome daytime lethargy, irritability, morning headaches and the many other problems associated with sleep apnea, contact us today to schedule an appointment!